Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why another blog about health?

I worked in the holistic health industry for over 8 years. My family and friends call & text on a daily basis asking for health or fitness advice. I run into old customers or clients in stores and they ask me questions about the items they are putting into their basket. Most of them have similar issues. They want to know what I think of their new meal plan, gym class, supplement regimen, etc. Sometimes they are ill or injured and want an effective natural treatment. Sometimes they feel uncertain about the advice of their trainer or doctor.
I have decided to catalogue this advice in a more usable manner and create a blog. To create a daily or maybe weekly goal or tip for each of us to achieve or learn. No one needs to tell us that our health is important. But sometimes we get overwhelmed. And so this blog is dedicated to all of my wonderful family and friends on the quest for a healthier lifestyle. 


There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth…not going all the way, and not starting. -Buddha

6 comments:

  1. P.S. I did not get excellent grades in composition and I don't pretend to be a great writer. Please take it easy on my grammar. Other than that, please let me know what you want to know. Tell me what you think. Tell me how you're doing in regards to your goals. In other words, Please leave a comment.
    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy stuff to make daily changes!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your help. With practical advice that folks like myself, never concerned with health issues have now found it a necessity. I appreciate your knowledge and advice. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok: DHA, liquid iron (floradix iron), vitamin D, viamin B 12, and new chapter's every woman's one daily. these are some supplements that i need to incorporate into my daily intake...but it is so overwhelming. i need a practical plan for my supplement consumption. maybe i could take my daily and alternate every other day with the others. what do you suggest? also, does inositol help with sugar cravings? and where is a good place to find dessicated liver powder...i checked with life grocery already and they don't carry it. :(

    E~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear E,
    I do plan an article on general dietary supplement routines in the near future.
    Inositol is not a B vitamin but it is part of the B-vitamin family and is best taken in a B Complex. Inositol does help regulate metabolism; I don't think it will significantly reduce a sugar craving. Sugar is an addiction best cured through a candida cleanse and strict moderation. Dessicated glandulars must usually be purchased from a store with a practitioner on staff such as a board certified nutritionist or chiropractor. I cannot think of a store that I recommend off hand. But there is a company that specializes in glandulars called nutri-meds. If you contact them I am sure they will direct you to your nearest store. I caution you to check with a real MD before taking any dessicated glandular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been taking this multi-vitamin for the past two years or so, and am quite fond of it. You only have to take one per day, and it is in a whole food base so you can even take it on an empty stomach and it is really easy to digest. It also has some helpful items that other one-a-day vitamins don't have, like ginger, blueberry, and red clover. I supplement it with calcium-magnesium, an antioxidant combo, and omega-3s (solaray super purepa).

    ReplyDelete